Thursday, June 12, 2008

GOD IS TRUSTWORTHY-Getting God's promises from your head to your heart

We know, from reading it and from head knowledge, that God can be trusted. That’s a little different from learning it by experience though. It’s easy to give in to fear when trouble comes. Fear affects our decisions, our moods, our words.


I thought about some words I spoke recently and wish I could take them back. Then I asked myself what was behind those words and I realized it was fear.


Have you ever thought about how much of your behavior may be influenced by fear?


We don’t know why God is doing what He’s doing. But God knows. So look for evidence of God’s providence around you. And when you can’t see it, which most of the time we can’t, then trust that He is at work. He is planning. He is preparing. He is orchestrating. He is weaving this great plan, and we get to be a part of it.


Anytime you experience God’s faithfulness in your life, write it down. Keep it in a notebook where you can add to it. Once you begin to develop a track record of His work in your life, it will become easier to trust Him. Then the next time you face something that scares you, go back and review. Sometimes at night just before I fall asleep I recount situations where I was scared that this was the end. Then I thank the Lord that He came through and proved His trustworthiness.


God’s Word…and time…will prove to you that He is trustworthy.

No comments: