One morning as I told God how terrible my life had become, I realized my complaining was a dead-end street. I needed to turn my worry into praise. Instead of fear and hopelessness, I needed to build my faith by praising the Lord. Although I didn't feel like it, I began to say, "I exalt you, Lord. I praise you. I worship you. You are good." I too soon ran out of praise words. I didn't know what else to say. For what else could I praise God?
--an excerpt from Knowing God By Heart
The premise behind Knowing God By Heart is to explore 31 of God's characteristics--one for each day of the month. Each of these attributes is a handle for worship and praise. This is a way I can focus on one of God's qualities each day. Even before I get out of bed in the morning, I try and praise God for the characteristic I'm concentrating on that day. When I'm aware, I will more readily see His faithfulness, His love, His sovereignty and many of the other qualities we'll be looking at. Feel free to give me your comments and the ways you see God's attributes operating in your life.
If you wish to order copies of Knowing God By Heart, email orders are accepted. The books are $15 each plus $3 postage. They are also available at amazon or pleasantwordbooks.
No comments:
Post a Comment